Business Services Intermediate Accountant
Fullstack Advisory is one of Australia’s fastest growing firms serving innovative high-growth tech and online companies. We are leading change in the accounting industry, helping entrepreneurs and high growth businesses to push their boundaries and achieve success. Our team consists of talented, experienced professionals who are respected thought leaders & disruptors, and by offering modern, flexible working conditions backed by best-practice tech, we empower our employees to achieve their best.
Founded in late 2016, the firm has gone from strength to strength, achieving triple digit growth to date. With a growing national presence, we align ourselves with entrepreneurs looking to make an impact. Delivering deep expertise in accounting & tax advisory, we pride ourselves on our commercial thought leadership, and our ability to create new opportunities for our client base.
As a Tax Accountant with some key technical skills, you will be an essential support for the tax requirements of a thriving client portfolio, backed by a dedicated technical tax team. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Preparing the returns for clients including individuals, businesses, trusts and potentially SMSFs, although some review work may be required from time to time
- Helping support the firm’s overall budgeted billing and lodgement targets, including actively scoping billing opportunities/clients and helping with month-end WIP analysis and billing procedures
- Assisting with new client engagements, including onboarding and follow-up engagement work
- Conducting some accounting, taxation and business advisory research and technical advice work for clients
- Supporting with business services and special projects, including research and letters of advice
- Assisting with team member performance evaluations and appraisals
- Monitoring and delivering overall client service excellence, identifying new opportunities from existing and new clients and liasing with the ATO & ASIC.
- Participating in seminars and client/staff training, as well as assisting with conferences, workshops, podcasts & articles
- Working under a young, accessible, and dynamic leadership team which provides the tools, training opportunities and resources you need to achieve great things
- Supporting some of the best entrepreneurs and founders in Australia, with a real opportunity to make a difference in the success of innovation in Australia
- Working for a business which rewards its employees for their hard work with continuous professional development
- A progressive working environment that offers ongoing flexibility and a work from home policy
Your Keys to Success
To be successful with Fullstack, you’ll definitely have a hunger for learning. You possess a can do attitude teamed with loads of initiative, and a real commitment to client service delivery excellence. Experienced and knowledgeable, you are polished and professional, yet friendly and down to earth.
Skills, attributes and competencies required include:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an Australian Public Practice Accounting firm
- Relevant degree qualifications in Commerce, Accounting or similar
- Progressing CA or CPA studies
- Ability to develop technical skills to service a busy portfolio
- Exposure to tax technical issues is preferable, as this role is based within the tax services team in business services
- A values-based team supporter who is hardworking, motivated, enthusiastic and curious
- Eager to support innovation in Australia as a key support for the founders making it happen
Share the Job